Due to district budget cuts, NMUSD Adult School will close the following programs by the end of June: Adult Basic Education (ABE), Citizenship, English as a Second Language (ESL) and Workplace Readiness (vocational and computer skills).
Only a “bare bones” high school diploma program will remain. NMUSD Adult School serves 5000 students per year.
This post will list the local educational services that remain open to adults seeking to continue their education. The information is subject to change, as agencies continue to make decisions regarding program reduction/elimination and fee increases.
Adult Schoolswithin 25 miles of zip code 92627
830 S. Dale Ave., Anaheim, CA 92804, (714) 999-5616
Small Diploma Program for Adults and concurrent and possibly will have classes this summer. Possible small ESL will know more by end of month. They may be moving so please call before going.
31431 El Camino Real, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
- Adult Basic Skills
- Job Training
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- U.S. Citizenship
- High School Diploma
- GED (General Educational Development)
- Parent Education Classes
- Classes for Older Adults
- Classes for Disabled Adults
- ESL ($25 for 11 hrs/week, 9 week class)
- Career Tech Ed ($310 for 12 hrs/ week, 9 week class)
- Citizenship ($25 for 11 hrs/week, 9 week class)
Lincoln Education Center
11262 Garden Grove Blvd.
Garden Grove, CA 92843
Classes available are: ESL, Current HS Students (Bldg L3) and at this time there is a waiting list for Adults seeking their HS Diploma/GED (students can go in and fill out registration and they will be contacted when space is available).
The High School diploma/GED program including concurrent classes for high school students will be at Marina High School. Westmont Elementary School is the future site for our Parent Education Program. Also at Marina will be the office for our Programs for Older Adults and Community Education. For more information 714-901-8106
Our Computer Training Center, now called the Career Technical Center, will be at Ocean View High School. English as a Second Language will be at Westminster High School as well as continuing at Oak View Elementary School. Westminster will also be the place for our Medical Office Assistant training program. For more information 714-894-1018 (secretary ext. 4911)
- ESL ($128 for 2-day/wk class; $80 for 1-day/wk class)
- Citizenship ($80 for 1-day/wk class)
- Computer ($60 for a two-hour class)
Wilshire School, 315 E. Wilshire, Fullerton, Ca Tel 714-992-9500 Please call Public Information Officer, Jennifer Perez 714-808-4671 for more info.
Anaheim Campus, 1830 West Romneya Drive, Anaheim, Ca 92801 Tel 714.808.4999
Cypress College 9200 Valley View St, Cypress, Ca 714-484-7438 Adult Ed (require 160 credits to graduate plus 4 proficiency exams not including CAHSEE) Independent Study; GED Prep; English (ESL 714-484-7440)
- Catalog (2009-10)
- Educational Programs:
- courses leading to the associate in arts (A.A.) degree
- lower-division coursework that will transfer to a four-year college or university
- state-approved occupational certificates in technical and career programs and certificates of completion in several additional occupational areas
- courses and resources to help students improve levels of basic reading, writing and computation, including courses for non-English speakers to become proficient in English
- courses contributing to personal enrichment and acquisition of life skills and programs for adults with acquired brain injuries and learning disabilities
- Learning Center Locations:
- Tuition and Fees
- Catalog (2009-10)
- Tuition and Fees
School Layoffs OKd Daily Pilot Article 02/23/10
Putting Kids Before Adults Daily Pilot Article 03/04/10
2010 Budget Update on NMUSD Website